Fall

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Through the eyes of a child.

I have to share this sweet story with all of you.

We have a tradition in our family that our two sons work for $5.00 per person to buy a gift. They each will buy a $5.00 gift for Pete, their sibling, and one for me. We do this in order to teach them that if they want to give a gift to someone, it will cost them something to get the money to do it.

I usually go with Joshua to help him figure out his money, and Pete goes with Joseph. After Joshua bought his brother his gift, he wanted to get his daddy's gift. I asked him what he would like to buy his daddy, and he said, "I need to find the Jesus stuff." I asked him what he meant by "Jesus stuff." He said that he knew that what his daddy would love the most is something about Jesus. So I told him to ask a worker where he could find the "Jesus stuff." He found a young lady working in the sporting goods section and asked her where he could find some "Jesus stuff" for his daddy's gift. She smiled a big smile and asked what he meant by "Jesus stuff." He quickly responded, "Like books about Jesus, statues, and stuff." She smiled sweetly at him and pointed him to the inspirational book section.

I couldn't help but have a heart smile because of the thought that when Joshua thought about what his daddy loved the most, his thoughts couldn't help but go to JESUS. What a wonderful testimony to the life of his earthly father, and what a beautiful picture of life through the eyes of a child. I couldn't help but think to myself that at the end of it all will people be thinking of me that the thing I loved the most was the "Jesus stuff!"

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment