Fall

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God's GREAT love!!

I was going through a bunch of old papers, and I ran across this little vingnette I wrote about nine years ago. I thought that some of you would be encouraged by reading it!

God's GREAT love!

What great love! I can’t even comprehend it. It goes beyond what my mind or my heart can fathom. It reaches to even the vilest part of my soul and yet still loves. It looks at me in my wickedness and my failure and tenderly wipes my tears. Who is this God that can love like this? That can look into the sin stained eyes of man and say with no apology, “I love you." Who can touch the very part of me I wouldn’t want anyone to see and dust it off with His mercy as though it were a thin layer of dirt that had hidden the true beauty beneath. What is this God about and why on earth would He care that way for me?

Oh, I know what you are about, and how I can see how much you care for this feeble frame you call man. Your heart burns with a passion for me that I cannot comprehend, and even though I cannot understand it, I can feel it. I can feel it when I look at my child sleeping and you remind me that he was in your heart long before you made him, and it was your handy work that formed every beautiful detail of his small frame. I can feel it when my husband looks at me with that special softness in his eyes, and when he embraces me, it’s as though your soft arms are wrapped around me saying, “I’m here. I’m here." I can feel it when I’m struggling and afraid, and your words come to my mind. It’s as though a blanket of peace and comfort cover my cold trembling body, and you whisper to me, “I’ll never leave you. I’ll never forsake you.”

You amaze me! There is truly none like you. Never has there been another like you and never will there ever be. You are magnificent, beautiful, kind, merciful, gracious, awesome, and Holy. You encompass these words and so many more. There are no words that can fully describe who you are, and yet even though you are all of these things, you still care for me. You are still touched when I fail. You are still there when I cry, and when I am afraid, you are there to comfort me.

Who is this God you might ask? This God is Jesus Christ, the son of the Most High God. The Great I Am, the everlasting Father, the prince of peace, the daddy to the orphaned and the husband to the widow, the binder of the brokenhearted, and the shelter from the cold. This is the God that loves me, and this is the God that loves you, too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an awesome description of God's grace - it seemed as though I could feel the arms of Jesus wrap around me and hold me close as I read these words. Of course, since I know your heart, I realize this isn't just words, but it's how you live and love others. Thanks for being the clearest and most consistent demonstration of God's grace in my life.

    With Love,

    Pete Charpentier

    ReplyDelete