Fall

Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's in a dream?

Have you ever had a dream where you woke up, and you’re emotionally disturbed by what you saw and moved by what you dreamt?

Well, last night I had one of those kinds of dreams. My dream was really long - so I won’t bore you with it -but it gave me a view of this world and what’s going on and what’s to come. When I woke up, I was emotionally disturbed and moved by the thought that this world is falling apart, and time is running out for us to be sharing the gospel with those we come in contact with. I wonder how long we really do have before this world passes away.

Regardless of your view on the end times, Pre-tribulation, Mid-tribulation, or Post-tribulation, I think that we can all agree that the signs of the times are more in place now than they have ever been. Even though I don’t really put much stock in the dreams I have, never knowing if it was bad pizza or not, I do have to say that God used that dream to shake me up a bit. I was reminded that time is running out on sharing the gospel with those I love and those whom God brings to my path. Being in Israel this year and seeing with my own eyes the Valley of Armageddon really was a sobering experience. I don’t want to ever forget that my time is limited here, and the opportunities I have are limited and short. I want to live my life with eternity in constant view, and God forgive me for the times that I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment